Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 6 July 2012

Turbo (Brick)

Warm up 20min
2 x 20min x 260W x 85rpm on 5min recovery
Run off bike 10min


Please with this session. Kept putting it off - Andy Murray at Wimbledon then the coverage of the Tour suddenly became very important to watch. Think I was carrying a fair bit of fatigue from the session on Wednesday. The blue graph is today and the red from the 17th - heart rate was higher (less recovery and fatigue). The usual position tweeks, narrow stance and saddle lower a fraction - this time the right leg was bang on and the left was protesting. Paradoxically the second session seemed easier, managed to spin better with lighter overall pressure on the pedals. 

Run off the bike just for confidence - felt great although I have to be really careful not to spring along too much which I tend to do off the bike when I feel good. This has been one of the reasons to move away from the classical brick sessions this year. 

Plan is to get some running in over the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment