20mins - physio exercises
Pulley machine - all aimed to improve the left shoulder.
1. Low pulley - straight arm across body from low to high
2. Middle pulley - external arm rotation
3. High pulley - Straight arm pulldown
4. Prone back extension hold - 2mins
I didn't have anyone to hold my feet so had to improvise. There's research that shows the inability to hold this for 1min is a good predictor of whether you'll get back pain.
5. Glute machine
6. Eccentric calf with dumbells - pushing up with both feet, dropping down slowly on one leg
8.5km usual loop
I don't normally run at 7pm - there were loads of other runners. I was just aiming for a slow one so had to let them all overtake - it's hard but think it's good to develop the ability to stick to the plan and not give chase!
In an ideal world the gym would come after the run - endurance work stops the adaptations from strength work but not the other way round. Cutting edge stuff.