Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Swim

40min + 60min

Half term, so some crazy time tabling at the pool. 40min swim then had to get out and wait 15min (whilst no swimming was allowed) then back in again. I was up for 6km but did somewhere between 4.5 and 5km. No shoulder issues which is surprising - it's usually worst the morning after though.

I must keep reminding myself that the first half hour of these long swims is the worst - after 30mins time zips by whereas at the beginning i'm thinking "i'm going to do this for how long?!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment