Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Brick session (Turbo 3 hours Run 50 mins)

15 min warm up
3 x (40min x 225W x 90rpm) on 7min rest
15 min easy spinning

10km run easy pace

Hard session - i'm not one for the midweek big session but thought if there's anytime to do it it's now.
Found that trying to imagine the pedals at 180degrees from each other hit a sweet spot (for about 5 mins). Glad I got the sleep in yesterday, no way would I have been able to do this without it.

Read that it's good to have some form of mental image to call upon when things get difficult - tried a few but most made me want to stop! will continue. I know that Lance Armstrong hates his dad and that drives him, and Richard Branson has a "i'll show you" mentality from the knock backs he had in his early days. The psychologists tell us you're more likely to do well with positive images even if the real high flyers use theses uber negative ones. Get in contact if you have anything that works for you.

Next priority session is Saturday, will try and get the other sessions in but will aim to get to Saturday in as good a shape as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment