Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 21 July 2010

Brick

Turbo
Warm up 20min Z1, 10min Z2 5min Z2-3
Set 4 x 5km on 4min recovery at olympic distance pace/AT cadence 95-100rpm
Warm down 1hour Z1

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/41364113

Run 10km easy aerobic off bike.

- the turbo was hard++, music on for the last set had miraculous effect at removing fatigue
- run was good except doubtful can do marathon in the lighter trainers as pretty painful left forefoot in a blister type way, otherwise good.

again changed position - left leg had ache in lateral thigh decided this was best addressed by moving foot out a little. It worked well. Annoying to have to keep making these changes but on a positive think I now deserve a PhD in bike fitting.

Had a good look at foot - sorry for details! - but there is a big area of dry thick skin there which will definitely lead to a big blister if I don't sort it out. Have sent out a message to my running clubs email forum to see what they come up with. My gut instinct is to file it off - but how much is too much? etc, I thought tough skin was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment