Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 23 July 2010

Swim

Warm up 800m
5 x 100m build to IMP (50sec rest)
Main set 6 x 150m at IMP (25sec rest)
5 x 100m pull

Small run to see how foot was - seems ok, a little tender.

Great news from work - rostered off for the Friday next week (thanks Phil). We were all dreading going up late Friday night - 2 children small car etc, then rushing around on the Saturday getting the bike racked without time to catch my breath. Studies have shown that the quality of sleep the 2 nights before the race is what is important - so the Friday night before a Sunday race. Poor sleep on the Saturday and a very early start doesn't seem to impact - well not until Monday.

Watched the Tour de France today - they said the riders were going along at 70km/hr at 500watts - amazing. Rest of my time reading up for potential job interview - the boy's grandparents are being life savers. Oh and the life gaurds who look after my mobile phone at the pool as am on call all weekend. This is turning into a real team effort - Thank you.






No comments:

Post a Comment