Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 9 July 2010

Stuck to the programme to the letter;

(am) 60 min run easy aerobic
(pm) 50 min run as 20 min easy aerobic 30 min IMP
The evening run was hard to do on a hot Friday night on the Southbank but got it done

On annual leave today but went into work for the trainee talks and rest of day spent bitumen proofing the roof! - have been putting it off for a year, was obliged to do it with the weather being so good.

Tomorrow is meant to be a rest day, in preparation for the biggie on Sunday. Missed that swim yesterday so may do it tomorrow.

Had a brief look at the marathon course. Here it is;


Bikehike.co.uk says it is 40km but there are probably a few descrepancies with the exact off road bits. Similar to last year accept avoids going round and round the park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment