Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Thursday 16 June 2011

Swim

1000m free style over the imaginary barrel
5 x 200m on 20sec as 1 arm drill down free style back
700m free with pull over the barrel
5 x 100m on 20sec 1 arm drill down free back with pull and paddles
8 x 50m on 20sec 1 arm drill down other arm back

Total = 3.6km

Good session - starting to think my hand entry on the right hand side is improving (little finger/flat first). Also starting to begin the stroke earlier when breathing, which should help to remove a dead spot - this is going to take a long time though as it's a huge change.

Listened to podcast (marathon talk) - They mentioned not smashing yourself when you feel good. It's important to leave yourself somewhere to go - it was developed by Liz Yelling the marathon runner leading up to her PB (personal best time) - it's a reminder to not rush progression. I do it well with the swimming and cycling but need to bear it in mind with the running where I have a tendency to go to fast.

Worked out today how to program the garmin to vibrate after 4 mins and then after 30seconds - so no excuses now to try the run walk strategy into the picture and see if it works.

Bought some delux porridge oats shopping with Mum and Will today - that's about as exciting as it gets








No comments:

Post a Comment