Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 15 July 2011

Brick


Turbo 4hours easy aerobic


Run off bike
as 7x2min on 2min recovery at 10km pace
10min warm down.


The bike was down as 130km but I had to go and check out some special schools in the morning for George so time was at a premium. With all the uncertainty about the bike position I decided this was to be the day when I would sort it out. Think I altered just about everything in every direction but got there in the end. I will keep it as it stands come what may for at least the next few sessions and see what happens.
Changed from using nice padded cycling shorts to tri shorts - not nice.


Made my own sports drink for today. Had to resort to the periodic table to get the atomic mass of sodium and potassium! I'll put the recipe and rationale on the website. It's exactly the same as the stuff in the shops but with a few tweaks to make it better. Don't know if it was placebo but my legs seemed better on the run than usual.


Rest day tomorrow - bring it on. May go to the lido for a dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment