Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Monday 4 July 2011

Run

2 hours
1hr 15 easy aerobic last 45 mins at IMP approx.
I think the rationale behind this is to do some running on tired legs to simulate the conditions in the race.
This time I didn't take any walk breaks as still undecided about these.
Link to the run; http://connect.garmin.com/activity/96901081

Aimed to keep the pace below 4.45min/km for the last 45 mins - this is 3hr20 marathon pace which was last year's time.

Massage

I've been meaning to get one of these for ages. Always find it a little hard to justify the expense. Went to Roberto - www.robertofitness.com Really good - it can always be a little hit and miss but it was exactly what I needed. He was a real professional. We found out that I laugh a lot when in pain! I am now also the proud owner of a golf ball which I will be rolling around on. Can't wait for the next session. Thanks Roberto.

A few other things:
- decided on the gears ill have on the bike. A new cassette is £150. Did some research and found that you can mix and match the cogs from other cassettes of the same make - will give this a go.
- I crashed last year and had been putting off looking at the gear shifter that took most of it. Took it apart and then spent 2 hours patiently trying to put it back together again. Eventually managed it.
- bought a new chain from Evans as the current one has been on for a few years now. Then found it cheaper on line - don't you just hate that.
- Ella and I took it in turns to have a nap in the afternoon whilst looking after Will and George. It's not very often that's possible so everyone happy.
- A few people from my running club did ironman austria at the weekend. 1 was under 9hrs and one just over. Made me doubt the chances of me doing a good enough time for Hawaii qualification. Have to remind myself to just do my best and not worry about things I have no control over.

No comments:

Post a Comment