Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 23 December 2011

Turbo

A really good day. My legs felt tired from yesterday's run so I wasn't sure whether I could attempt the turbo. I knew this meant possible going for next break through session.

Well it finally made it. My legs were tired only half way through the second set but they didn't get any worse.
So,

5 x 5min x 300W x 90rpm on 5min recovery

I think what made a difference was the 60rpm work as I felt that sort of effort kicking in towards the end even though I stayed around the 90 mark throughout (strange)
The heart rate monitor went onto auto pause much to my annoyance - it was about 165bpm for last set.

Next step is to reduce the recovery. I wont be attempting that for a while, it seems unimaginable right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment