Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Monday 14 January 2013

Turbo
6 x 270W x 5min x 65rpm on 5min recovery.

Great to get back into the swing of things. Helped along by a podcast that helps me keep going http://feeds.feedburner.com/AndyMoorMoormusic
Max heart rate was 160 for those final two sets - that's a little too high for my aerobic system. Hit a lovely patch on the 5th set - working hard but felt like I could go forever (it didn't last long though). The illness over-eating during the weekend probably helped. 
Wouldn't be the same without some bike adjustments. This time just moving the feet closer in - seemed to improve things. I've got a narrow pelvis which means the feet should be narrow but tight ITBs which like a wider stance. It's a bit of a balancing act.

Where next? Still aiming for 3x10min at 270W on 5min. Will either drop the recovery time or go for 1 block of 10min and keep the rest the same.
Exactly a year ago I did 5x5minx300W - just looked at heart rate data - not as bad as I thought. I was hitting 169bpm back then. I'm not aiming for those all out sessions this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment