4 x 5min x 250W on 3 min recovery
As this was the first turbo following 2 weeks of illness I took it easy and went back to my baseline session of 250W work.
Lots of changes needed to look after the right hip.
1. Raised handlebars
2. Saddle all the way forward
3. Saddle high
4. High cadence around 90rpm instead of the 60rpm i've been doing lately
- These position changes are all designed to open the hip angle up. I was working on a more "aggressive" position but this may have been making it worse.
Other things i'll do
1. Change back to speedplay pedals as these have more float
2. May go to shorter cranks
3. Move the cleats further forwards (feet back)
Some of these changes will hit the achilles a bit more than i'd like. I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks. Mentally i'm just appreciating being able to do it. More than ever i'm aware that as much as i'd like I may have to stop one day.