Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Monday 15 April 2013

Swim

300m warm up
3 x 600m at 65 strokes a minute

Ran to and from the swimming pool. The plan is to do lots of short runs rather than big volume at this stage - no other option really. I've been trying to figure out why i'm in this running hole. I think it's because i've focused primarily on the bike over the past 18 months and was really getting somewhere - this has shortened the quads which means a lot of the movement has to come from the achilles. I've also had a couple of very short races which i've gone flat out at and caused some damage.

So i'll just keep the bike ticking over as I have been lately and really focus on getting a bigger range of movement from the quads. Watch this space.

The swim went well. It's easy to have good technique with a slow rate but I learn a lot when it falls apart at higher rates.

No comments:

Post a Comment