Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Turbo
80mins as (1min on 1min off x 30)

Swim
Drill - single arm
Paddles
500m at 60 strokes/min
Total - 2km

Sauna
30mins 2 breaks

I followed Toby's advice with the turbo session. It went well. I'm getting used to the set up now and think I can start bringing the intensity up to normal.

With the swim it was good to work on stroke rate. Mine is usually fairly slow and needs to be faster for sea swimming to minimise the effect of the waves hitting. I need to do a lot more of this

I'm managing to work on the range of motion of my hips - as the bike fit showed it wasn't great. I think there's a little bit of improvement starting to show, but if it's been like that for years it'll probably take just as long to get back to normal.

Ella went on youtube today and looked at Hawaii Ironman footage - don't know if it made me more nervous or excited. I'm now wondering whether to take a normal front wheel as it looks windy!

Oh - and knocked down a wall today. Doesn't really count as training but satisfying.



No comments:

Post a Comment