Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Monday 20 February 2012

Weigh in - 71.1kg 10.6% fat
- Up 1kg and down 1% over the week - very strange


Turbo
15min warm up
3 x 20min x 250W x 85rpm on 5min recovery

Will probably run most of the week so got a biggish turbo in. I usually do 10min recovery for this but the heart rate came down fast so went with 5min.


Just got Chris McCormack's (Macca) audiobook "i'm here to win" - here's a year's training for him in 2002;
Swim 720, Bike 18,275, Run 2907 I thought it was km but it's in miles!!!
So that's swim 2, cycle 50, run 8, miles a day!


Picture with Macca after Ironman Australia 2005 (he won) - i'm not that fat, he's just very skinny!

No comments:

Post a Comment