Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Fly to Spain

Bike box on train to Stansted - no problem, plenty of room.
Met mum at airport, missing my coffee which i've now given up, it stops iron absorption and my levels aren't high.
Did think i'd be wearing my GB kit but was a bit embarrassed so thought better of it.
We went with a company called Nirvana. They do package deals to all the major events, etape, hawaii etc, and I thought this would be a good opportunity to see if it was worth it.
The pick up at the airport removed a lot of hassle but that was about it. The main plus point was the team mechanic Rob (igloo cycles - chesterfield) was in the same minibus who I quickly befriended!
Team hotel was great, notice board for training areas, orientation events, massage, bike mechanic etc, If you ever go on one of these things you could arrange it all yourself (at a fraction of the price) and still participate in everything arranged from the hotel.
Still struggling with the stairs!
Mum
Assembled bike - left my torque wrench and cable cutters in UK as non-essential (and heavy) will take them in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment