Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Thursday 11 July 2013

Run
9km

Woke with nasty achilles pain - depressing. Maybe it was the running flats last night? The felt much better at the time.
Had some acupuncture - painful, but much better after 5 mins or so. Did some light stretching of the calf.
It's my first day of annual leave - gardening and working on computer for work!
Decided to persist with the flat running shoes - it was the best run for a long time. A bit nervous about doing 4 times this in 3 weeks time. There will have to be a fair bit of walking. Could all this supportive foot ware be contributing?

No comments:

Post a Comment