Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Friday 9 March 2012

Turbo (am)

Warm up
10 x 500W x 20sec on 2-3min recovery

Yoga (pm)

- i'm still getting to grips with these more intense "strength" sessions on the bike. I've found technique becomes more important. I can see that my more usual, long, moderate intensity efforts may have allowed poorer technique, as it doesn't show itself. If I kept good form today I found the interval easier.

Other news
-  Rebecca Romero has signed up for the Ironman this year
Her blog has some stats - 425W for 3min 30 (3km) and 360W for 20min (10mile). I've been trying to find this sort of information, most cyclists keep it secret. Needless to say that's more than I can do!

- i've managed to get hold of a compex muscle stimulator - i'm not sure whether it's all hype but will be interested to see if it works.

- trip to Holland and Barrett to get some high fibre - i'm always hungry and think this is in part due to high calorie density (nuts, dried fruit, chocolate!). I will see if bulking it out makes any difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment