Warm up 15min
Main: 5 x 5min x 300W x 65rpm on 5min recovery
This was a breakthrough session. The previous best was 4mins on the last set. I was expecting the increased running to have lowered the ceiling. A few points;
1. I felt tired and thought there was a good chance i'd not even get through the first set - this was a real education in starting and seeing what happens - I managed to suspended judgement right the way through.
2. Having read Chris McCormack's book I tried using his approach towards doing 4 sets in a workout.
the first one, your body says "what the hell was that"
the second, i'm awake now
the third, I can live with this
the forth, is when you deliver
- This really helped. By the time I had done four I thought I may as well give the fifth a go.
3. I found a music podcast http://feeds.feedburner.com/AndyMoorMoormusic which is perfect for the turbo
4. Splitting each set into minutes and thinking it was in the bag once half way through
5. There were some strange periods of time just when it felt like I could do a lot more/go on for a lot longer. Obviously i'd love to work out what was going on then. I think it had a lot to do with relaxing and not forcing it.
6. The right leg is still annoying. Again, i'd love to get to the bottom of that. I'm envious of those riders who don't have issues like this - it's definitely a barrier to progress.