Welcome

I started this blog in 2010 when there were 11 weeks to go before my next Ironman triathlon. People have found it interesting (mainly my Mum!) so I continue to write.
The Ironman is a long distance triathlon; Swim 2.4miles, Cycle 112miles, Run 26.2 miles (marathon). I have competed in one every year since 2004. I hope this blog can help others see what is involved. I find the process of writing it makes me more accountable and motivates me to do the harder sessions when i'm not feeling like it!

Saturday 4 February 2012

Turbo

Warm up 30mins
Set 20min x 250W x 85rpm x 2 on 10min recovery

I haven't done one of these 20min x 2 sessions for a while. They are probably the best predictor of where you are. The pro's really concentrate on this session either increasing the watts and keeping the duration the same or stringing more lots of 20min together.

My heart rate wasn't any lower than previously but the perception of effort was really low. The lung busting sessions at 300W have made a huge difference.

For once I didn't have the door open from the start!

No comments:

Post a Comment